Tiny Go 1.0.3
Description by Alexey Klimkin
"Go is an ancient game that originated in China, with a definite history of over 3000 years, although there are historians who say that the game was invented more than 4000 years ago. Its name comes from the Japanese name Igo, which means 'surrounding boardgame'. (Cited from Sensei's Library)
Tiny Go is a MIDlet (cell phone application, MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1), which allows you to play and review Go board game files in Smart Game Format (SGF). Distributed under GNU General Public License conditions.
Features so far:
- Complete implementation of Go game logic, including ko and handicap.
- Fast anti-aliased zoomable goban graphics with all major markups (screenshot).
- Modes: play, review, score and problem solving.
- Absolute, Byo-Yomi and Canadian game timers.
- Simple score estimation using Bouzy Map algorithm.
- Rich problem solving mode with statistics tracking. goproblems.com problem filtering style.
- Save and restore state to quickly resume playing.
- Save, load and solve problems using JSR-75 (device file system).
- Translations: English and Russian.
Project provides SGF Java parser as separate package SGFJ. The package includes:
- SGFJ - library based on GNU Go parser implementation.
- TinySGF - library uses LALR parser generator CUP and scanner generator JFlex.
Reviews and Comments
When I downloaded the .jar it then said "Authorisation failed". :-(