Description by Roger Zimmermann
This calculator for java mobile phones is able to calculate binary and hex numbers, logical expressions and parentheses.
The current version 1.1
- knows the four fundamental operations of arithmetic, the modulo operation, logical expressions and parentheses
- has a memory function (M+, M-, MR, MC)
- orders the priority of the operators as the program languages C++, C#, C and Java
- is able to calculate binary, octal, decimal and hexadecimal numbers and convert the results
- inserts missing parentheses at the beginning or ending of the formula, i.e. "5+2)*3*(4+7=231" is identical to "(5+2)*3*(4+7)=231"
- calculates with 64bit integers, i.e. in decimal system up to 18 digits. But it does not support floating point calculations, the result of divisions will be truncated (Maybe this will change in future, so that you can change between integer and floating point arithmetic).
- new: shows the menu in English or German.
- allows to change the thousand separator for decimal calculations.
RZCalculator is programmed for Nokia series 40 mobile phones (i.e. Nokia 5300, Nokia 6233, Nokia 6300), but it should also work fine with other mobile phones, as long as they support J2ME with at least MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.0. A screen not too small is also recommended.
Your questions, suggestions for improvements, compatibility hints and so on are welcome! Please visit my homepage.
Reviews and Comments
Great for coders!