Description by Locle
- Locle is a new type of buddy finder application for your phone.
- Locle lets you see a map of where your friends are and be notified when they come nearby.
- Locle does not require GPS on the phone, is free to download and free to use.
- Locle uses the cell towers of the mobile network operator to geo-position users.
- Sharing location is by opt-in only. So only the people you select will know where you are.
- Locle is really handy for groups of close friends, families and business teams.
Reviews and Comments
I tried this out with my mate and works really well.
You might need to upgrade your Sony Ericsson firmware in order for Locle to be able to guess your location from the cell towers.
Locle is different from all the other location based mobile social software out there in three significant ways. It is supported by a lot of phones (java, windows mobile, symbian, iPhone, Palm). It doesn't require GPS on the phone for location to work automagically. And it supports Facebook, so you don't have to build yet another social network. The location sharing is completely opt-in only, as you'd want.